Portable Floating Pump
The Fyr Flote is a lightweight, portable centrifugal fire fighting pump mounted on an unsinkable, high-strength polyethylene float with dual carrying handles and a splash suppression collar. A high-volume model (20FV-C8) and a high-pressure model (20FP-C8) meet most every pump need — in as little as four inches of water. Weighing just 49 pounds, the Fyr Flote stores easily in most truck compartments. It includes an automatic recoil starter, a spark arresting muffler, and an engine overspeed control switch. We would recommend having a decent fuel supply and this pump likes to work.
- Type: Centrifugal, bolted to engine
- suction: 2” non-threaded, with easily removable oversized screen
- discharge: 1.5” nsT male
- Head: lightweight, high strength, corrosion resistant aluminium alloy
- Volute: High strength aluminium alloy with machined waterways for maximum performance
- Impeller: Bronze enclosed type for maximum efficiency
- Clearance Rings: Patented floating bronze clearance ring for minimum clearance, to prevent rubbing, seizing, and alignment problems
- Pump shaft: engine’s vertical shaft serves as pump shaft, protected against corrosion by a bronze sleeve.
- shaft seal: self-adjusting, self-lubricated using a special ceramic seat for wear and shock resistance.
- Priming: exclusive auto prime system works without a suction hose
- make: u.s. motor Power Inc.
- Type: single cylinder, two-cycle gasoline
- Horsepower: 8 HP at 7,000 rPm
- Cooling: Forced air
- starting: Water-resistant, solid state ignition
- Air Filter: Wire mesh element protects against impurities
- Fuel Filter:75 micronin-line fuel filter;a fuel strainer is built in to the fuel pump
- stowaway Accessory Package: 100 feet x 1-1/2 inch hose, adjustable nozzle, tune-up kit, and one quart n.m.m.A (BIA) approved 2-cycle engine oil in canvas bag